Wednesday, December 08, 2004

pizzle the tizzle

2 down. took the series 7 test yesterday and that thing was a monster. it was 6 hourse long not counting a lunch break.
packed 85 hours of studying into 1 week.
who knew that getting certified to sell stocks and bonds would be so difficult? i'm sitting here now with a migraine. not your usual run of the mill ones either. like having cold shakes and vomit kind of migraine. don't want to go home because i only have this week and the next at mt. olive and i've been taking vacation days to study...

i needed to say though that this testing experience has been one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. definitely the most spiritual/non-spiritual environment experience. i have had to so totally rely on God (not like oh i want to grow in my faith kinda thing but dear Lord there's just no way without you)
there's been times when i am ready to give up and this peace comes over me and i know i can continue. my greatest spiritual break-through moment in 10 years happened in an IHOP bathroom when i realized that God really does want to use His strength to help me and that if he is willing to forgive ME and even put up with me in heaven for eternity - then what else does he want to do in my life? He is answering all kinds of crazy prayers just to show me that He is there. ALicia had a dream that Malin relayed to me that angels were going to help me during the test and as i sat down to take the group 1 there was a poster of angels right above where i wa sitting. in this completely secular environment. we couldn't afford to buy the last book and thought we were going to have to borrow the money, instead a friend had just taken the test and lent it to me yesterday.

all kind of other things that i am in too much pain to mention (head throbbing) but i couldn't not say this. thank you God. forgive for not taking more chances trusting in you to hold me up.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

well migraines suck, your title was quite funny (because i dont speak teenager anymore, people talk like this and i have NO idea what they're saying) but i digress: the best of luck to you on your exam...

loofrin said...

isn't it a just a little scary when things like that happen? i mean, not in a bad way, but its just... i dunno... spooky. i've had those type things happen before and they always kind of me go "whoa...wow." nothing quite like having a supernatural tap on the shoulder that lets you know "the man" has your back.